Monday, April 20, 2009

A warm weekend for biking and baking

It has warmed up the last couple of days. Though the heat makes it a bit difficult to bake, as I don't really have the desire to turn my entire apartment into an oven, its perfect weather for going out and spending some time in the sun.

On Saturday, Chino, Cindy, and I went for a bike ride down the Stevens Creek trail and up to Palo Alto for a nice lunch.



Michela surprised us with a visit from SF and we spent part of the afternoon shopping. Here is Chino and me acting a bit silly.



On Sunday I decided to bake a cake for a coworker who has sponsored me a few times for the Tour de Cure bike ride in Napa. But what cake to make? A sponge? Cheesecake? Layered cake? I got a bit lazy and just decided to do another version of the Elvis Pound Cake. I'm getting a tad bit tired of seeing pictures of bundt cakes, but it really is quite an awesome yet simple recipe!

I jazzed this pound cake up by adding a cup of miniature chocolate chips, a chocolate glaze made out of Guittard semi-sweet chocolate and condensed milk (yes time to reach for the defibrillator), and topped with more chocolate chips. Yikes.




It looks like a ginormous glazed donut. I love it!

No comments: