Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Chocolate scotcheroos

To be honest, I had no idea what a scotcheroo is. Maybe a kangeroo with a penchant for double malt? It just looked so tasty on David Lebovitz's blog, that I had to give this rice krispy treat on steroids a whirl. Its made up of a tasty arsenal of artery clogging ingredients: peanut butter, chocolate, butterscotch, and nutella. Throw nutella into any dessert recipe and you can't go wrong.

Though to be fair, his recipe is for "Triple Chocolate Scotcheroos" whereas mine are a measly double. I figured having regular rice krispies, instead of the chocolate variety, would be more versatile in the kitchen.




They turned out a bit chewier than I would have liked. But maybe I'm just accustomed to ooey gooey sticky rice krispy treats. It was, however, a nice contrast in texture to the smooth butterscotch/chocolate topping. I'll probably end up trying my own version of a cracked out rice krispy treat in the near future loaded with nutella and chocolate, but pass on the butterscotch and peanut butter.


No comments: