Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Its getting hot in here...

Its been way too hot to bake lately. I don't want to be in my apartment, let alone look at the oven. However, I still felt compelled to bring something to knitting. Its always nice to have sweet treats with our coffee or tea. I flipped through some of my cookbooks in search of a no bake dessert, and came across these chocolate peanut butter bars from Nigella Lawson's How to be a Domestic Goddess. You can't eat too many of them though. Well you can try, but I don't recommend it; they're super rich.








I enlisted Mary's help in organizing and going through the knit/crochet items we've made for charity. Yes, I know that its warming up, but its still a bit chilly at night. We have a bunch of scarves, hats, a pair of socks from Chino, matching hat and mittens from Michela, and this wonderful, yet outrageously thick blanket made by Cindy. Of course this is all documented in a spreadsheet. Everyone is allowed to be a little obsessive compulsive every now and then!


Tonight at Red Rock we were lucky enough to catch singer/songwriter Coles Whalen. She is an amazing singer, guitarist, and pianist. She makes me want to dust off my guitar or maybe invest in a new piano. She did an awesome cover of Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars", and Dire Strait's "Romeo and Juliet". There are a few songs that stood out including Cannonball...and a few others whose name I can't recall on a not-yet-release record. Its interesting how sometimes the lyrical form of someone else's experiences can touch you in a way and speak to your own emotions and experiences.

2 comments:

x said...

OMG, I suck, I didn't knit any of those! Okay, I'm going to finish that damn red scarf.

D said...

Its okay, I only made 2 scarves :( Those two ladies (aka sweat shop workers) France and Hailey, made the majority of it. Most of us are selfishly working on our own projects!