Friday, April 17, 2009

J'ai été accepté: ESCF Ferrandi!

Yesterday I received a form from the US Postal Service notifying me that they attempted to drop off an envelope. It was a certified envelope. I figured that maybe it was something important to do with my job, taxes, etc. The usual administrative stuff.

Today I drove to the post office to pick up my letter. When the postal worker handed it over to me, I noticed there was a return receipt... in French. It was an envelope. An envelope from Ferrandi. A skinny envelope from Ferrandi. I felt the little hair/peach fuzz that I have on the back of my neck prickle. I didn't get in. They didn't have enough room. I'll have to wait until February, meaning two winters in Paris. Fabulous.

I ripped open the envelope. It read: "I am pleased to inform you that you have been accepted for the 2009-2010 Bilingual Pastry and Bread Baking Program of the the Ecole Supérieure de Cuisine Français - Ferrandi."

A simple dream got the ball rolling. The ball is really rolling now... like an out of control zorb with me in it, about to launch across the Atlantic. I'm excited...I'm terrified...this is it.

1 comment:

Mizz B said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE