Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ooey gooey nutella goodness

Sometimes I think that cupcakes are on their way out. They seem to be everywhere these days...yet perhaps a passing fad like frozen yogurt? I say that the cupcake should step aside and make way for the french macaron. I'm waiting for someone to inspire that culinary revolution.

Quite frankly I'm not that impressed with Sprinkles or Kara's or even the famed Magnolia cupcake; they're waaaay too dense for my liking. The only cupcakes I'm quite gaga over are from Sugar Sweet Sunshine in the LES in NYC. Why? They're soft and moist and they don't cost $2.50.




When I have a hankering for making cupcakes, I turn to my trusty cupcake recipe that I alter depending on what I feel like making. This time I decided to make some vanilla cupcakes, fill them with nutella, and top with chocolate ganache and hershey kiss. Yum!





1 comment:

Justin said...

nutella filled? wow, that must be intense. I just tried the cupcakes at Sweet Revenge on Carmine Street the other day. You might actually like those.