Sunday, May 3, 2009

Scones and smoking honey goose

Its Friday night, and I have a couple of hours to kill before going out. What to do? Bake! I decided to make some chocolate chip scones. Tea and a scone sounded like a wonderful treat for a cozy night in. Or rather, in my case, something to nosh on before heading out for a night on the town. Luckily they freeze well, so after a long night, I was able to throw a couple in the oven for a nice late breakfast.

The recipe is called Lily's Scones, another tried and true recipe from Nigella Lawson's How to be a Domestic Goddess.



After a grueling 50 mile bike ride in Napa for Tour de Cure on Sunday, I stopped by Ranch 99 to pick up some groceries and ran into this:


I'm Asian, and quite frankly... sometimes I really don't get whats going on in Asian super markets when it comes to the person ranting over the PA system, or odd signs that don't really help you figure out what exactly they're selling. Well at least the honey goose sounds happy.

No comments: