Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wandering around Paris

I started off the morning late, due to Nyquil I took to try and get over this cold. I decided to walk down to get a chocolate croissant.

Taking Joan's (from Feed me) recommendation on the best pain au chocolat she's been able to find in Paris, I trekked down to the 10eme arrondissement. To my dismay, it was closed. I'll have to try again tomorrow. I still was able to find pain au chocolat at another street corner bakery.




I know the picture is horrible, but I don't want to be known in Paris as that weird girl who sits around in parks taking pictures of her food.

I also decided to stop by a cheese shop called Pascal Beillevaire to scope out some butter that has coarse salt mixed in recommended by David Lebovitz. However, they were closed too! I guess I have bad luck with shops today.

To mourn my losses I decided to take a stroll through Cimetière du Père-Lachaise. I was able to find Edith Piaf's grave. I wanted to find a few others including Chopin, but didn't have a map. Ah c'est la vie.



Since I'm still a bit under the weather. I decided to stay in tonight for dinner and rest up so that when Chino gets here tomorrow I'll be ready to go on the town. For dinner: Pain avec pate, jambon, et camembert, salade des betteraves, salade de couscous, et un Coca. Translation: Pate, ham, and camembert cheese sandwich, beet salad, couscous salad, and a Coke.



For more Paris pics:
Linky

2 comments:

Wargame Jim said...

Feel better soon. I am enjoying the blog so much. Thanks for sharing your trip.==Cindy

Mizz B said...

ahhh.. i'm so jealous! keep updating!! i wanna see and read all about it! :)