Sunday, March 15, 2009

Perusing the Paris markets

So apparently everything closes on Sunday. No shopping. Not many bakeries are open, and some restaurants even close. So unfortunately my plans to hit up Bon Marche, Kookai, and Etam were foiled.

What do Parisiens do on a Sunday? Relax and hit up their local market. We found ourselves at the Bastille market. And no, I am not stalking David Lebovitz so I can be like an old lady and ram him with my non-existent rolling shopping bag. They do have beautiful seafood, produce, flowers, and breads. We even picked up some goodies for dinner and some samosas to snack on.

Pretty flowers:





Coquilles St. Jacques aka scallops:


Want a bite of my samosa?


After getting some udon and rice bowl for lunch at Kunitoraya, Chino and I parted ways. She went on to the Musee D'Orsay, and I went home to rest. Prior to fixing dinner, we had an almost "Taken" moment. I guess it happens to Chino a lot, but not to me so I freaked out quite a bit. I won't go into detail here though.

Dinner:



And the nasty desserts that followed. I am appalled that bakeries in Paris could serve such old, stale, flavorless (in one case), and nasty tasting atrocities. They look decent though, but don't be fooled. Just take a look at poor Chino's reaction! She's in pure agony.








For more Paris pics:
Linky

No comments: