Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Un petit désastre

Today was a bit of a disaster early on. The morning started out fine. We went to Angelina, suggested by Michela, for some hot chocolate and breakfast. It was really tasty. Aside for Chino's Jus au Citron (which was essentially squeezed lemon juice).




So whats was the disaster you ask? Today was supposed to be Chino's last day..and day at the Louvre. Thing is... THE LOUVRE IS CLOSED ON TUESDAYS!! Agh. Another day of poor planning on my part. At least Chino was optimistic about it and said that now she has a reason to come back to Paris. Funny thing is, my second trip to Paris, I was hell bent on visiting the Louvre, because I passed it up the first time to go shopping. I was a teenager.. so give me a break!

Anyways, we did quite a bit of shopping. We stopped by this cool yarn/button/bead store that had their wares arranged in myriads of rainbows. I was loving it! There was too much to look at!



We also went to Zen Zoo to get some pearl tea and also a snack and slowly made our way up the Champs Elysees. We even stopped by Laduree. It wasn't too busy today. Their cafe is absolutely stunning. Their desserts are beautiful too. I snapped a few pictures. Chino on the other hand got chastised for waving her camera in front of the macarons.






We then had a very lovely dinner at Lenotre Cafe along the Champs Elysees. I didn't take a picture of the main though...It was so tasty looking that we dived right in. Chino and I shared comte ravioli with chestnuts and macadamia nut with some sort of buttery sauce. We also shared a filet of beef with foie gras and vegetables. For dessert we had a chocolate fondant cake and a hazelnut tort-y thing. Lenotre Cafe is really pretty, and I guess afternoon tea is big there.



We then went back up the Champs Elysees to take some pictures of the Arc de Triomphe at night.


It was really great spending the last few days in Paris with Chino. I really wished she was here for longer, but I'm glad I got to show her my Paris. Yes we probably walked 60 miles, but we ate more than enough pastries to even it out! I hope Chino enjoyed Paris, and that she comes back to visit. In the meantime she can always daydream about some pain au chocolat!





Angelina
226, Rue de Rivoli
7, Rue de Fleurus
75001 Paris
Tel: 01 42 60 82 00‎



Café Lenôtre‎
Avenue des Champs-Elysées
75008 Paris
Tel: 01 42 65 85 10



For more Paris pics:
Linky

2 comments:

x said...

I missed the Louvre my first time in Paris too! It was the only time I could break away from the group I was with to meet my Sicilian great-uncles though, so I figured that was more important. Plus I heard the Mona Lisa is a disappointment in person.

D said...

Chino's supposedly already seen it anyways. I think its the curse of the Louvre..