Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ace!

L'As du Fallafel (Ace of Fallafel) that is. Yes this deserves its own post! I walked 1.5 miles down towards the center of Paris to Rue des Rosiers. I ordered a falafel and a coke and watched as the man behind the counter deftly constructed my falafel. I then walked down to a nearby park to chow down.



It looks a mess, but was SO amazing. Crunchy cucumber and lettuce, pickled cabbage, soft eggplant, and crispy, perfectly browned falafel balls. The falafels are small bouncing-ball sized morsels that you can just pop in your mouth. Drizzled on top is a garlicky taziki sauce and a bright red spicy sauce. The pita even seemed to taste garlicky. This meal is meant to be eaten with a fork.

I could eat another right now, but I've stuffed myself. At least the 3 mile walk justifies it. This is bar none the one food that has made me crave returning to Paris. You just don't get the same quality of falafel in the bay.

On my way back to the apartment I picked up a coffee eclair for dessert and a baguette for tomorrow. Its oh so parisienne!





L'As du Fallafel
32, Rue Rosiers
75004 Paris
Tel: 01 42 77 89 94


For more Paris pics:
Linky

1 comment:

me said...

Ahhh, I can't wait!!!