Friday, March 19, 2010

Picard encore!

So last week I sampled some Picard frozen pizza at a friend's place, and forgot to take pictures. In fact I didn't know it was from Picard until after the meal was done.

On this week's Picard menu: xiu mai, sweedish meetbals, eggplant gratin, and salted butter caramel ice cream.



The xiu mai was quite flavorless and I had to drench it in soy sauce to make it half decent. I was hoping it would be better than the ha gao, since its common to find frozen dumplings in Asian grocery stores. They weren't very visually appealing either.



The Swedish meatballs were good, though I prefer the flavor of Ikea's meatballs better. Maybe it would have been better if it came with a packet of gravy, or if I had some lingonberry jam on the side.


The gratin was pretty good, and well ice cream is ice cream so you can't go wrong with that being frozen. Next up, I'd like to try some of their frozen soups.


2 comments:

gallery802 said...

It is so much pretty..love this...keep it up

Kitchen Sinks said...

Good post....it is watering in my mouth.