Monday, March 22, 2010

Moving on up

So I'm moving up in the world! No, I haven't been promoted to head slave stagiaire if that's what you're wondering. I'm no longer "fille" aka girl. CM has started referring to me as "miss". It beats fille any day.

Maybe he's realized that I'm American and miss is more suitable. Maybe it has come to his attention that I'm closer to his age then his own sous-chef. Maybe I'm just giving him too much credit. We'll see if this keeps up. Who knows tomorrow I might be back to being fille. Well in any case, it sure beats "hey guy", which I've had shouted in my direction.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi D

I am thinking of enrolling in a pastry program in Paris and I saw your blog. I am considering LCB or ESCF-Ferrandi. How are you enjoying the program at your school? Do you need to be fluent in French? How would you rate your experience so far?

O

D said...

Hi there!

Thanks for reading my blog. The program is bilingual, and a lot of people don't speak any French. The program also includes French classes. Please see all of my blog posts under the tag "Ferrandi". It was a great experience!