Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Graduation from ESCF Ferrandi

School has finally come to an end. Its unbelievable how quickly five months have passed. It feels like only yesterday I started my first day in the lab and was mortified by one of Chef's 5,000 sexually harassing jokes.

Graduation was simple. We received our certificates of completion, Chef said a few nice words, and we sampled some canapes, desserts prepared earlier in the morning, and of course the obligatory flute of champagne. Chef created a sugar sculpture to display alongside our pastillage pieces and my penguin ice sculpture.




My family from Bussy St. Georges (suburb outside of Paris) even came to celebrate!



It was a bit sad saying goodbye to Chef and my classmates, though I'm sure I'll see some of them soon enough. For most of us, its onward and upward. Though I'll be going to Plaza Athénée, my classmates are going to prestigious places such as Hotel Meurice, Pierre Gagnaire, Jacques Genin, Pierre Hermé, Ledoyen, and Hotel Lutetia. It will be exciting to hear about everyone's stages.

Here's a last look at les filles in the lab. Congratulations everyone!



* I generally don't post pictures of people on my blog, so if you have any objection, please let me know and I'll remove it!

4 comments:

Sanjana said...

hey congratulations

mughound said...

Wow! Those are some big name places. Do you guys get a salary for your stages?

D said...

Thanks!

David - It depends on the stage. For instance PH only does two three month long stages, so they don't have to pay. By law they're required to pay if you do a stage for 6 months (though to be honest, its not much).

Mizz B said...

CONGRATULATIONS, DIANA!!! So proud of you!!! LOVE the pic of you with your fam bam - LOVE your hair!!