Thursday, January 7, 2010

Blog neglect and big things coming

So I guess I'm starting out the year a little slow... blog wise. Perhaps it means that I've taken my social life up a notch, or maybe have been too busy, jet-lagged, and slipping in the snow here. Nevertheless, its great to be back in Paris. Its odd feeling a bit homesick, especially when you're not exactly sure where home is anymore.

This is the view from my doorstep this morning:




We've been working on a lot of 'interesting' things this week, which I promise to update soon. But on an exciting note, I'm officially doing my stage at Plaza Athénée, one of the big "Palace" hotels in Paris, which is home to Alain Ducasse's three Michelin starred restaurant and the awesome pastry chef, Christophe Michalak.

I visited with their HR department, did a tour of the pastry lab and even met Monsieur Michalak himself. I probably looked like an idiot with my mouth gaping wide open, but quite frankly I don't care. The man is a pastry genius and creates some amazing things! I officially start on February 1st!!

In a few weeks we're also taking a class trip to St. Malo, Mont St. Michel, and a few other places as well as graduating from school. Lots of good things ahead, and I hope I'll have time to post all about it!

No comments: