Friday, January 1, 2010

Dave's blueberry boats

So my brother has been raving about these 'blueberry boats' that he gets from a bakery about three times a week in Santa Cruz. Though at the rate that he eats these pastries, its a surprise that he's as slim as he is. But some people just luck out with the metabolism and I guess surfing does help.





He brought me a blueberry boat to try, and they were pretty much puff pastry with pastry cream topped with fresh blueberries. I'm happy to say that mine came close, but as all things in the US compared to those in Paris, they're similar but just not the same. According to the test panel, they were very tasty though!

Being the nice sister that I am, I left six boats ready to be baked off in the fridge for a nice breakfast treat he won't have to drive all the way to Santa Cruz for.

With some fruit in the fridge, leftover chocolate genoise, whipped cream, and a ten pound bag of chocolate I frivolously picked up at Costco, I threw together a quick chocolate mousse parfait for the NYE party tonight.

No comments: