Monday, January 25, 2010

Ice ice baby!

I'm generally always cold. Paris is really cold. A cold person, in a cold city, working in a refrigerated room is not necessarily a good thing. Carving ice? Someone shoot me now. However, I came to realize that carving ice requires a lot of muscle and delicacy at the same time, and you're likely to break a sweat. I started out with a rather large ice block and a general idea of what I wanted to carve.




To carve the ice, we used large chisels and, yes... chainsaws. I think my dad would be rather proud. At least now I know how to hack something into a lot of pieces if I ever need to.





After hacking away at the ice for a good hour or two, my sculpture began to take form. Can you guess what it's going to be?



It's Feathers McGraw from the Wallace and Gromit movie, "The Wrong Trousers"! Yeah I know, I'm a big nerd, but at least he turned out pretty well!



No comments: