Sunday, August 2, 2009

Nutella tiramisu

The past week I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. From packing to moving to prepping for the party, I've been pretty exhausted. My brother and Wendy were so kind as to throw me a going away party that I was compelled to contribute. My offerings? Twenty pounds of korean short ribs, ten pounds of pulled pork (for sandwiches), two pitchers of peach sangria, 101 jello shots, chips, and a huge bowl of guacamole made of sixteen avocados. On top of that, we had a keg, tri-tip, rootbeer floats, and tons of other food brought by our guests. To say the least, we know how to party, especially when it comes to food. Of course I couldn't show up to my own party without a dessert, so I quickly threw together a Nutella tiramisu.

I used a basic tiramisu recipe that used marscapone cheese and whipping cream. To the cheese mixture I added about a half cup of Nutella. I garnished it with chopped up Italian chocolate with hazelnuts.


Now all I need is to catch up on some well deserved rest. But after all the eating, maybe a 10 mile run might be more fitting.

3 comments:

Jess said...

It looks delicious! I've been enjoying your baked-goods chronicles for a while now, good luck with the move!

Justin said...

oh man, nutella makes everything better. did you roast those hazelnuts first? i find that really brings out their flavor.

D said...

I should have roasted them, but totally forgot! Another thing, it can't sit for too long or the hazelnuts lose a bit of their crunch.