Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cannes you handle it?

I sure cant. :) Cannes that is. Seems like the French Riviera is amounting up to be the same, especially popular cities like Nice, Cannes, St. Tropez. I feel like there's enough glitz and glam to make me go blind. It's a haven for designer brands and it gets a bit ostentatious in my opinion. A guy who looks no more than twenty-five driving a Ferrari, a girl younger than me with a Birkin bag, and countless tiny yorkies with Louis Vuitton dog collars. Really now, is that necessary?? It's enough to drive me mad.

Don't get me wrong, I do like nice things. I love nice things as much as I do a good meal. It feels though that if you have an overabundance of glamor, glitz, and high end goods, you forget how special each and every thing is.



However, there is one thing I can appreciate about the Cote Azur... fresh seafood! For dinner I had a dozen oysters and a salad, and my dad had bouillabaisse. He looks dwarfed by our massive spread of food.



Interestingly they brought out a small platter of what looked like sea snails. It took me a few tries to figure out how to get the buggers out of their shells, but they tasted like chicken..and well, we all like chicken!


No comments: