Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Aix marks the spot

Today was another day spent in Aix-en-provence. Since we have the car, I decided that a quick trip to the Citadelle de Sisteron would be fun. I left my dad outside, as I climbed up the many stairs, walked out to the turrets, peeped out of sentry posts, and ran amok with my explorers cap on.

The fortress sits high up in the mountains and provides breathtaking view of the Haute Provence valley below. Pictures only capture part of the beauty. I can only imagine troops stationed and armed infantry storming up and down the ramparts!









In the evening we took a little shuttle around Aix-en-Provence, got some refreshments, and had a nice dinner. Sad to say that my dad's beer cost less than my bottle of Orangina!




2 comments:

Justin said...

cool photos... so jealous

D said...

Thanks! Wish I was better w/ the camera.. just do the whole point n click deal. :)