Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sur le pont d'Avignon

Today was a hot day in Avignon, and though we didn't do any dancing on the bridge as a famous French nursery rhyme would suggest, my dad and I did do some sight seeing. We visited the Palais des Papes, a great example of Gothic architecture once occupied by several generations of Papacy.

Here are some pictures of the palace and the bridge:













It was so hot today, that I didn't really have an appetite. From the morning until around 8 PM, I had coffee, a croissant, and an orangina to hold me over. For dinner we dinned at one of the many outdoor restaurants at the Place de l'Horloge. I ordered the coquilles st. jacques gratinee (scallops), pasta, and ice cream! Yum. For dessert I decided to order deux boules de la glace (two scoops of ice cream) of strawberry and chocolate, and my dad ordered vanilla and coffee. I have to say the chocolate was insanely good. Very dark, slightly bitter with chunks of chocolate in it. Definitely tasty and I don't feel so bad since I skipped lunch and walked four miles today!



1 comment:

Thao said...

D, your blog makes me feel like I'm in Paris. =/ Now I want ice cream. Thanks a lot.