Saturday, January 10, 2009

Back on the saddle

Today I went for a bike ride with Gino and Victor. Turns out it was a Meetup group...and there was a total of 7 riders, and of course they all left me in the dust. Reminds me of how much I need to get back in shape. It also reminds me of how much I enjoy the crisp clicking sound of gears shifting.. gotta love the Dura Ace. I'm far too wimpy and undeserving of my bike.

Theres also something really hot about a pack of cyclists whizzing by you.. buff calves pumping. Maybe its just that they're all wearing matching jerseys and shorts...or maybe its the spandex.

We started out at Pete's Coffee at Homestead and Foothill, took Foothill down to Palo Alto.. did the Loop (in reverse) and headed back. Around mile 15.. my slow ass (can't handle climbs very well) lost the group. I wasn't even sure if I was going the right way anymore...

Being lost sucks.. but it sure is pretty:



Luckily at the bottom of the hill Gino and Victor were waiting for me. I guess they kinda had to.. seeing as I had Victor's car keys. My lower back started hurting around mile 25. Overall it was an easy ride back...drafted Victor for most of it. What can I say? I'm lazy. ODO reading: 30.69 miles!

Tired but happy:




No comments: