Sunday, January 11, 2009

Burn baby burn

More often then he'd like to admit, my brother and his rather irresponsible seeming friends come up with some crazy idea. They didn't wait long this year to get started. Beach... bonfire... xmas trees. Seven guys, 25+ xmas trees, a lighter, and me. I don't know what was more stupid, the idea of collecting trees just to burn them in some huge most likely illegal fire, or the fact that I decided to go with them.

Loading up the trucks:



I didn't realize that to get to the special beach where they wanted to have the bonfire, we had to go off-roading with our lights off over sand hills and down to the beach. Clearly not legal. Thank goodness I brought a bottle of wine. In the event that something went down and we had to run from the park rangers, my plan was to hide in the bushes. Running shoes? Check. Bottle of wine? Check.

The pile looks small, but most of the trees were taller than me:


Surprisingly, everything went off without a hitch. Guess Dave and company lucked out this time! At least it was nice and toasty!



No comments: