Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lunar new year part 1

Food and family.. and little red envelopes. Thats what lunar new year is all about! Today I went to my aunt's house for lunch. We weren't done eating until 4... *sigh*.

Was the typical family get together. The aunts always remembering how we used to be so young.. asking when I'm going to get married.. etc. At least they didn't do the whole pinching "ooh you're losing/gaining weight" bit.



Though I'm a tad bit old to be receiving red envelopes, but still unmarried, which excuses me from handing out envelopes.. my aunt ushered me in line with a bunch of much much younger cousins to wish the aunties/uncles.. long life, prosperity, riches.. etc.

At least the food was good! Got crabs?!?! Mmmmm my aunt's yummy garlicky onion-y crab:


No comments: