Thursday, June 25, 2009

PB cookies & chocolate yogurt cakes

I've discovered that one of the problems of buying in bulk, is baking through all of it if you're planning to move. I'm the type of girl who will buy chocolate chips in ten pound bags and peanut butter in five pound tubs. A lot of people aren't too keen on the peanut butter and chocolate combo, so I decided to bake two different desserts.

Reading through David Lebovitz's The Sweet Life in Paris, I mentally kept note of recipes that I wanted to try. I whipped up four dozen of his Chocolate Yogurt Snack Cakes. The recipe can be found on Steamy Kitchen. I eyeballed the amount of chocolate, and next time I'll probably need to add more, as the cakes weren't as chocolatey as I had hoped. I guess that's what you get for packing away your kitchen scale. C'est la vie...




I also made about four dozen peanut butter cookies using Joey's Peanut Butter Cookie recipe. I doubled the recipe, using up two cups of flour, which took a hefty dent out of my five pound jar.

No comments: