Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Back from the Big Apple

The Internet finally decided to cooperate. And by cooperate, I mean I had to troubleshoot my connection, which ended up being a reset router, which my computer refused to connect to wirelessly until I re-ran a wizard. 2 hours and a headache later...

Though NYC was hot and at times muggy and humid, it reassured me of one thing. I heart my friend Janers who loves food just as much as I do. Who else will force-feed you Food Network's best rated pizza at 3am, when you're sick to your stomach and know it will all just come up again anyways? Now that's love.

There were lots of sights and bites to be had... and though I've put myself on a budget, we were able to take a decent bite out of the Big Apple.

Lemon Yummy cupcake at Sugar Sweet Sunshine Bakery



Hot chocolate at Cafe Gitane


Soju cocktails at Yakitori Taisho


After being disappointed that Maison du Chocolat was closed the two days in a row that we stopped by, we got a sugar rush at Dylan's Candy Bar; a three story candy shop. Look at the colors! Even the staircase was made out of candy set in resin.




I also saw a couple 'mantras' around NYC that rang particularly true.



Jane is by far my favorite person to travel with. She's the perfect mix of organized, adventurous, relaxing, lazy, and of course, hungry. I look forward to where our next vacation/rendezvous will take us. Probably Paris!

No comments: