Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cheesecake double vision

I decided to bake not one, but two cheesecakes. The first is my tried and true recipe I've been using that incorporates condensed milk. Who doesn't love some ooey gooey rich and creamy sweet artery clogging condensed milk? I like my cheesecakes dense, and the condensed milk definitely lends itself to that cause. You won't find any ricotta or sour cream here! I mixed a bit of Nutella in with some reserved batter to make a pretty design.




The second cheesecake didn't turn out as well as I hoped. Mind you I haven't cut into it yet, so it might be spectacular... it just doesn't look it. This recipe used sour cream and milk, and more cream cheese and egg than the first recipe. Perhaps I over-whipped the batter, but it seemed far too much for my 9 inch spring form pan. To add insult to injury, the cheesecake rose way too much and cracked.


No comments: