Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Reine des gauffres

It's only fitting that since I'm going to Bruges that one of my tasks this week was to make waffles. I like waffles, but after making over a hundred of them while broiling over a super hot 'gauffrier', I'm not looking forward to eating them in Belgium.

The one thing I like about making waffles? Everybody loves you when you make waffles. No, I'm not kidding. Everyone in the lab walks by with roaming eyes hoping that there's a hot reject they can claim and dip in sugar. Some are even brazen enough to say "can you make one for me?" or "wheres mine?" Seriously people, I need to finish making these damn waffles.

Our sous-chef (last year's world pastry champion) even went as far to call me the "reine des gauffres" aka queen of waffles. Maybe because I was doling them out; yeah there were quite a few rejects. When I was done, I actually requested to clean out the walk in fridge.

No comments: