Monday, April 26, 2010

Picard 4

I'm starting to appreciate Picard. Not that I don't like cooking, but some days I'm far too tired to cook. Picard is kind of like cooking, and writing a blog post about it justifies stopping by the shop a little bit more than just plain hunger pains. Plus, as I've previously mentioned, Picard isn't your ordinary Celeste frozen pizza or Hungry Man dinner entree. They sell a wide variety of items from frozen breads, to desserts, to veggies, full entrees and frozen meats. If all you had in your home was a huge freezer, Picard would be heaven.

So I picked up Bouche a la reine (puff pastry with a creamy meat filling), sauteed veggies, and chicken fingers.


The puff pastry was nice and flaky. They provided too much filling, but I suppose it's better than not having enough. These are easy enough to make at home if you buy some pre-made puff pastry dough, so I wasn't overly impressed.

The chicken tenders were processed chicken meat reminiscent of Mc Donald's chicken nuggets, so again though tasty, I think I expected a bit more. The veggies were quickly sauteed in a pan and turned out fine. All in all, the meal was another Picard success.

2 comments:

Kev said...

Hunger pangs! Pangs! Sure, pains makes sense, but you so rarely get to use the word, "pangs" that you should surely use it when the opportunity arises.

Also, I sincerely hope those chicken nuggets weren't made of mechanically separated chicken. I'll spare you the picture.

D said...

Well.. according to dictionary.com, pangs are quick.. where the pain I get when I'm hungry seems to last. Plus give me a break.. I speak French most of the day!