Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Boozin' in the lab

Okay well not exactly.  No alcohol consumption is going on in the lab, lest I want to lose my job. A couple weeks ago I noticed one of the sous chef making a chocolate transfer of Buzz Lightyear. In France they call him Buzz L'eclair... and it's pronounced booze lee-claire. How curious I thought. A few days later I was asked to cut out over a dozen stupid gold cardboard things that vaguely looked like a plane or something with wings.




So turns out CM was doing some special dessert for Disney. A Buzz Lightyear eclair to be exact. Little did I know, a few days later an entire camera crew would be storming our little lab to video CM teaching Buzz how to make them. If working in the lab isn't hard enough, it was frustrating tiptoe-ing around trying to work while making very little noise.



Though it is kind of funny to watch a person in a plastic oversized costume try to make an eclair. They were essentially salted caramel eclairs with a chocolate transfer on top.





When all was done, we took a group photo. For the record, I'm not a midget... I deliberately crouched so that my toque wouldn't block anyone's face.



There's even a video online of CM talking about the Buzz L'eclair creation clips of them filming in the lab:
Watch the video

And since I had to clean up the eclair aftermath, I figured instead of chucking the pate a choux I'd take it home and make some churros.

1 comment:

Kev said...

Love the outfit. That's how I've always pictured you since I've known you anyway.