Tuesday, December 22, 2009

California: good eats and sweet treats

I'm finally back in California. After a delayed flight, pleading with American Airlines personnel, and running to my gate, I finally made it home. Well I guess I can't technically call California home now, since I'm officially homeless here. Paris is home. California is where good food and family are.

Needless to say, I've been baking up a storm and feasting on stuff that I've missed while in Paris. In this case, I'll let the pictures do most of the talking!

My first meal back: a complete American breakfast!




Beautifully done prime rib (by my brother of course). I love how rare it is. The redder the better!! YUM.



Croquembouche and swan disaster. I claim jet-lag as my excuse for this baking atrocity.


Mmmm! Los Charros Taqueria carne asada jumbo burrito; what Mexican dreams are made of.



Crab fight!


Chocolate mousse with raspberries.



Hot and steamy dim sum. Welcome to crazy-tasty town. I love the fried taro and sticky rice.



And though I oddly miss freezing cold Paris, even in California I'm finding reminders of home (albeit backwards).

2 comments:

Joan P. said...

I blame the butter, eggs, and flour for any pastry disasters that happen in the US.

Unknown said...

nom nom nom nom nom, i'm hungry and jealous about the mexican and dim sum.