Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Picard hamburger = FAIL

So Picard, the frozen food chain, sells some very interesting things. Generally I steer clear of things like fajitas, gazpacho, or sushi that just don't sound promising. Usually Picard is pretty good. For the most part, I haven't come across anything too bad, well at least not until going out on a limb with this hamburger.




For 1.50 euros, it seemed like an interesting experiment. Don't worry, there was other food to be had for dinner, even if the hamburger didn't turn out. True, you can find frozen hamburgers (a la Whitecastle) in the states, but I had high hopes for Picard's double cheeseburger. Here's the burger pre-nukeage.

It looked pretty bad frozen, and to be honest, looked worse after taking a spin in the microwave. The top bun was solid as a rock. I think the power setting might have been too high. Anyone who has ever microwaved bread will vouch that if you nuke it for too long, you'll be left with something as hard as a hockey puck. The flavor wasn't too bad, though it wasn't visually appealing at all.

I think I'll save my euro-fifty and hold out for an In-N-Out burger stateside.

1 comment:

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.