Saturday, July 3, 2010

Collioure

I haven't been posting lately, and quite frankly I don't have a good excuse other than exhaustion. Maybe it's the heat, or work fatigue, or some new form of mono. Who knows. I have one month left in my stage and am looking forward to two months in California to play catch up on US life. Then it'll be back to Paris to maybe do another stage or scope out a potential job opportunity (more on that later).

A few weeks ago I took a mini-break and went to the town of Collioure. The town is in the South of France close to the Spanish border. Aside from being gorgeous, visitors flock to the coastal town as it was made popular by many famous artists such as Picasso and Matisse.





The closest town to fly into is Perpignan, and Collioure is about a 30 minute drive away. The town is riddled with small cobblestone streets and windows with different colored shutters. Definitely pretty. Though the weather wasn't warm enough to go swimming in the sea, I still snapped some nice pics of the scenery.


 Not that I'm complaining, but I've been on so many planes so far this year. Next one will be back to California!

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

What a beautiful place. I wish I could visit as well. Looks nice.

mughound said...

Congrats for sticking it out for almost the full 6 months!