Monday, July 19, 2010

4th of July

Living in Paris as a stagiaire has its downside when it comes to holidays. I really do miss my family and spending the holidays with them, grilling up meats and chowing down buffet style. I've made efforts with my American friends here to celebrate Thanksgiving (even though we had a chicken instead of a turkey), Halloween, and Fourth of July. Well in Paris its doubly difficult, since as a stagiaire at a large hotel,  I don't get French holidays off either!

This Fourth of July I decided to make something I miss a lot from home: Burgers. I even found 'burger sauce' at the grocery store that pretty much looks like Thousand Island. Yes, I know its a sad attempt to recreate an In-n-Out burger, but you have to give me a little credit for trying.

2 comments:

Markus Andrew said...

Good effort D, thats a yummy looking burger! Hopefully it did the job of soothing your feeling of being away from your family. Being away from them while slaving away in a hardcore pastry kitchen can be really tough and I totally can relate to that.Anyway love reading your blog, keep up the good the good work and thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Did you bake the bun or use store-bought? The store-bought ones I've found are terrible and don't hold up to the juiciness of the burger.