Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Weekend in Alsace

So amidst all my studying, working, and trying to recover from my short trip back to the US, I had a friend from California come visit. I'd never been to the Alsace region of France and got it in my head that it would be a good idea to drive out there from Paris on a Parisian holiday weekend. Though the driving wasn't so bad, it was long and a bit tiring. Next time I think I'll take the train though. We went to Strasbourg and Colmar, which are wondrously picturesque cities, and even crossed the border to visit Freiberg, Germany.  All I have to say is whatever they speak out there (that isn't French).. is a very odd sounding language. German isn't so pretty either. 





Though the food was tasty, it was a bit on the heavy side. Some of the regional food specialties include Riesling wine, sauerkraut, sausage, flammkuchen (sort of a pizza), and Fleischschnacka, which translates to "meat snail".


No comments: