Monday, May 31, 2010

Picard pick me up

Though it's not cold in Paris right this instant, I can't say the same for a few weeks ago when I went to Picard. It was cold, I was tired from work, and just wanted something warm and filling.



I picked up some soup, sauteed veggies, lotte (some type of fish) with scallops and shrimp in a sauternes sauce, and French pigs in a blanket.

The soup was pretty basic and came out looking exactly as it did on the package. Same green coloring too. It was alright, but I think I prefer the bouillabaisse.

The seafood was really creamy and well flavored, though I think next time I'd serve it over a pasta or some sort of carb. The veggies were a bit mediocre. I think the pre-sauteed or grilled veggies at Picard are hit or miss and sometimes I'd rather just go with some frozen veggies and cook them up myself.

The sausage in feuilletage was pretty good though it took about 20 minutes in the oven.

No comments: