Friday, February 19, 2010

Things I steal from work

Okay so it's a bit of an exaggeration saying that I steal things from work. More like I take the unwanted refuse and rejects of the day. Like my other staigiare friends have noticed, there are always rejects in the lab especially when you're producing high-quality goods. Though for me, I'm not picking through 2000 raspberries and eating 200 of them. Instead there are always cookies, cakes, madeleines, and financiers left behind. However, producing as much as we do, I'm rather sick of smelling, let alone eating, everything.




Every day there is tea service and we roll out a cart with a chantilly covered baba, long lemon tart with toasted meringue, a chocolate tart with canelles of cream, pocky sticks, truffle and other chocolate garnish, slices of pound cake, cookies, and chocolate dipped waffles. I've never tried the baba, lemon tart, or chocolate tart, as they're always perfect looking (not to mention too large to hide in my purse).




Of course they're not that impressive... these are rejects people, rejects! Maybe one day I'll sneak my camera in and take some pictures in the fridge when no one is looking. However one day I was allowed to take a chocolate bar I was working on home. It was too big to fit in the package. Score. After spending an hour dusting bronze powder on 60 of these babies, it was nice to go home and see what was inside. Hazelnut, crunchies, and chocolate. Yum!

No comments: