Saturday, February 6, 2010

Barcelona

So I know this post is un peu en retard, but better late than never! A week and a half before school finished, my girlfriends and I figured we should plan a mini trip during the week we have off before our stages began. I know as a stagaire without a real income, I should be pinching every penny so I don't end up broke, but when they suggested a 4 day trip to Barcelona with tickets at 90 euro, I had to say yes!



I've never been to Spain, and my Spanish is a bit rusty, but it was more than enough to order some sangria and tapas! Of course one of us is a native Spanish speaker, so filling up on regional specialties was not a problem.

Our first night we has some tortilla espanola, various pickles and olives, beer, sangria, and bocadillos, which are baguettes with an assortment of fillings.







We stopped by the famous Boqueria off of La Rambla to purchase some food to cook one night. They have colorful and impressive stalls, but its nothing when you compare it to the bulk of the Rungis market.





We also visited Park Guell, Sagrada Familia, and a house that was redesigned by Gaudi. Impressive, yet a bit ostentatious; I think I still prefer Paris.






My favorite part about the Barcelona trip other than noshing on some yummy eats with my girlfriends? Searching for some hot chocolate with churros. Though the churros we found weren't that fresh, we were able to get some super thick and rich chocolate from Escriba bakery. Yum!

No comments: