Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fat Tuesday

Mardi Gras took on a new meaning tonight at home. More like...make you fat Tuesday. Chino and I started off the night decently with some Vietnamese rice noodles (banh cuong) and then some chicken porridge (chao ga), made by yours truly.



Then it was downhill from there. We made a Nutella mousse sponge roll, that didn't turn out so well. Here is Chino trying to hide our shame under a thick layer of mousse:


Oh well. I'm a firm believer that if you slap some Nutella on anything... it will inherently make it better. Chopped hazelnuts helped to distract from the atrocity.


We also made some chocolate Nutella macarons. Starting to sense a theme? Plus macarons are the new cupcake.. just watch!


3 comments:

Mizz B said...

this makes me wanna gulp down a jar of nutella. mmmmmmmmm

Unknown said...

Can i get your chao ga recipe? I've been looking for this!

D said...

Hi Rosanne,

I generally just wing it with my Chao Ga recipe..I don't really measure anything, but heres a good recipe. http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Chao-Ga-Vietnamese-Rice-Porridge-183829 I use chicken breast to make the stock, and then shred it up later!