Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bay Area Eats: Mizu Sushi Bar & Grill

As I'm back in California for a couple months, I've been hitting up all the normal restaurants that I've been craving as well as some new places. It's hard to find good sushi in Paris. Well let me rephrase, its hard to find reasonably priced good sushi in Paris. One time I actually ordered a spicy tuna roll, and to my horror it was a soy wrapped roll with canned tuna. Gross.



A couple weeks ago I stopped by Mizu Sushi Bar & Grill with the family. Their rolls were huge! I think we got a few appetizers, a spicy tuna roll, a crazy spider roll (I'm not exactly sure if that was the name), a deep fried California roll, another roll with unagi (dragon roll I think?), and another roll that I can not for the life of me remember. A lot of their rolls are simply covered in panko and roe, and usually some other sauce. Definitely a mouthful; it was more than enough food for four people.




The restaurant is really modern looking and larger than most Japanese restaurants I've been to in the Bay Area. They also serve a variety of hot dishes, though I was surprised to find some Korean dishes on the menu as well. Definitely worth a try if you're looking for some interesting sushi rolls.


Mizu Sushi Bar & Grill
1035 S. Winchester Blvd.
San Jose, CA 95128
Tel: 408 260 7200




2 comments:

Nenette said...

I love your blog. Where you able to find a good sushi spot in Paris. I am heading there in a day.Thanks for the tip on this restaurant in the bay area.

D said...

Sadly I wasn't able to find any really good sushi places in Paris. However, there's great okonomiyaki, ramen and udon places. Glad you enjoy the blog!