Thursday, October 22, 2009

Green with pain de mie envy

So Chef Maurice knows that I'm obsessed with pain de mie since every time I've had the chance to make some 'special bread', I've opted for it. This week was a bit interesting though as a cuisine course requested some green pain de mie. Yes thats right... green. And no we're not talking about lime or pastel green. We're talking incredible hulk green.




For coloring, we added some natural vegetable coloring, which I think was spinach. It didn't effect the flavor of the bread though. Chef Maurice didn't think it was green enough, so he added additional coloring.





I think everyone in class was jealous with the special bread I got to make. Okay, who am I kidding. Everyone in class was disgusted, even Chef Maurice, who shook his head and shrugged "Oh c'est les cuisiners.. ils sont bizarre." Nonetheless, it still tasted good. I just had to close my eyes to truly savor the taste and ignore the nauseating hue. I guess its a good bread to bake since Halloween is upon us. Too bad they don't celebrate here.



No comments: