Monday, November 22, 2010

Voila...

I think I've found it. What you ask? Anyone who knows me, knows that I've been missing two things in particular from home: In-N-Out burgers and a good burrito. I know there's no way in hell I'll ever convince In-N-Out to open in a chain in Paris, since as it is they're sprinkled on the West coast of the US.

I've made it a personal mission to hunt down Mexican restaurants in Paris. I've traipsed through many arrondissements in search of the perfect burrito, but have generally been disappointed. They usually end up flat, flavorless, and often too simplistic, like a quesadilla with meat. If you're from California, you know what kind of burritos I'm talking about. The burritos I've had in the Bay Area are hearty. Composed of flour tortillas stuffed to the brim with veggies, beans, rice and meat of your choice, they're often wrapped in foil resembling a Mexican torpedo of sorts.

Well I've found a close runner-up to my pined over Californian burritos in the 2nd arrondissement at a small, new restaurant called Rice and Beans. Round? Check. Hearty? Check. Foil? Check. It was even served with tomatillo salsa, to boot. This is definitely a place I'm going to go to get my Mexican food fix.



Rice and Beans 
22 Rue Greneta
75002 PARIS
Tel: 01 73 70 46 09

3 comments:

Kelly C said...

Hi! I found your blog a few months ago and have been enjoying it! I just wondered if you had heard of Yelp? I am part of Yelp Boston, but I just remembered hearing they have a Yelp Paris, so you could join and review places, Just like the one you did today. Plus it's pretty fun because once you become,"Elite" there are fun parties and events. They also have events for everyone. Anyway, just thought I'd mention it! I bet tons of people are looking for a good burrito!
http://officialblog.yelp.com/2010/05/parlez-vous-yelp-1.html

Unknown said...

Bless you! I've been consoling myself with Indiana's nachos. This will change everything.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear about the real burrito in Paris. I remember attempting twice to get one, a few years ago: the first was more like a corn enchilada, the second was halfway there but the meat was strange and the whole thing was microwaved. This one sounds far better.