Sunday, November 29, 2009

Pho in Paris

It's getting colder in Paris. Much colder... like 6 degrees celsius cold, which translates to 45 degrees or so for you Americans. As you can imagine, it's quite difficult for a girl born and raised in sunny California to adjust. But I'm trying my best.




Today my classmate from school and I decided to cook dinner, and what better to cook on a cold, dreary, and rainy day than a big pot of soup? A big pot of Vietnamese pho! I always love cooking for people, especially if its a family recipe where there aren't any precise measurements.


Of course I'm a purist, and no bowl of pho would be complete without the appropriate condiments. Our dinner looked like a spread from a restaurant.




Though not a Vietnamese dish, my friend also offered up some yogurt with olive oil and homemade pitas that were really yummy!


There's nothing like an evening spent with good food and good company!

3 comments:

JDD said...

:)

Joan P. said...

Had a classmate last year make home-made pho. It was pho-king good. ha ha. I'm cheesy, I know. =)

Mizz B said...

YUMMY!!! Definitely looks restaurant-ish!!