Monday, January 3, 2011

Holidays in California

I've been on quite the blogging hiatus. To be honest, I've had good reasons with the crazy holidays, chaotic family emergencies, and dealing with the French Consulate and Campus France (which is the bane of my existence so don't get me started). Originally I intended to be back in California for 3 weeks, and now have postponed my return to Paris by another 3 weeks. My baking has slowed down quite a bit too. In fact I made a fraisier I didn't get to try, and meringues that were forgotten in the oven as I ran off to tend to a family member.



Here are the meringues pre-baking that I left in the oven. Thank goodness the house didn't burn down as the oven was left on for 5 hours at 170 degrees Fahrenheit.


Inspired by a friend who made these cookies as favors for her wedding, I made Giada De Laurentis' Lemon Ricotta Cookies with Lemon Glaze for my weekly knitting group.


The cookies are pretty easy to make, though I advise piping them out or using a cookie scoop for a more uniform shape.





Hopefully things will calm down and I'll be able to get back to baking and blogging more regularly!

1 comment:

Justin said...

the cookies look great with the icing on top